cold, wet, and yet...

on Sunday, May 30, 2010

It was very, very wet and quite cold in the nation's capital this weekend; but despite that it was anything but miserable. It was a weekend to...
curl up with cups of tea...using the giant cup that the first born bought me for mothers day...
do a bit of magazine browsing...
watch a DVD or two...
dream of what I want to do with the tranquil townhouse while watching the rain fall down outside...and yes, painting the woodwork white is one of those things...and new dining chairs

confirm that I need to go and get some wood for the fireplace...which is not really a fireplace but a stove thingy...that I really don't like the look of, but I know it's going to be great when I get around to lighting a fire in it...[this is my first winter living here and when I came to the open inspection the fire was going...and well, you know how it is!]

enjoy the fact that the 22 year old was in Sydney visiting his sister (and the house was mine, all mine for the weekend...no offence Ben!)...ssshhhh, can you hear the silence...
make a small purchase...and give in to my boho tendencies...not that that's hard!
take some photos of the garden in the rain...a different kind of beautiful...

[quite pleased with those photos; just as well...I got a bit wet taking them!]
visit a friend who wants me to help him plan his bathroom reno...so excited about doing something with this [below] because it's all kinds of wrong as it is!
tackle the pile of work-work that seems to be never ending at the moment...that's definitely not me BTW...
try and get the vampire slayer to stop sleeping on the furniture when she has a perfectly good cat basket to sleep in...fur-lined and everything. Actually, it's a dog basket, but I hardly think that's an excuse for her not to use it...it's not as if she's smart enough to know the difference! No, don't defend her...she's not!
And best of all, spend some lovely time with the MGM. So not too shabby a weekend at all bloggy peeps. Hope yours was equally good. And I do believe that this post is my 100th...how in the heck did that happen! Thank you everyone for all your support...big smooches all round. To you, and you, and you...as the Von Trapp children would say (except they'd say it in German, or was it Austrian...oh I don't know...you get my drift!)
all images by me except the ones that aren't....they're from flickr