my weekend project...playing around

on Sunday, August 29, 2010

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I did. I let myself do a bit of playing.
Socially: a baby shower, a 60th birthday party and a visit to the Ranamok glass art prize...I'll bring you photos of that later in the week. There were some extraordinary pieces.
Creatively: playing around with watercolour crayons and pencils and a bit of whimsy...
Perfecting to do for sure, but just a bit of fun on a Sunday morning...and no offence to the British intended!
Made a few changes to the boat painting and I think it's looking better...
I made a 'lamp' by stuffing a bamboo lantern with a string of fairy lights (that I'd previously made little tulle skirts for...see here) but I like this better...
the cord coming out of the top is a bit annoying but never mind...

...took a few photos of the few things in the garden worth looking at...which is very little (hurry up spring!)
...and scored myself a lovely bunch of daphne from a friend's garden to wrap up the weekend...it smells divine
...and desperately trying to finish The Catcher in the Rye for book club tonight...I may not make it!
Welcome to the new week. I hope it's a good one for you.
all images by me