back from where I've been...

on Sunday, January 23, 2011

which was here...
for a little while at least... I don't like to stay out in the sun too long with my lily white Canberra skin! (this is the very gorgeous Watego's Beach, where the real estate costs...well, let's just say I won't be buying or renting here unless the Lotto fairies wave their magic wand over me or mine). Different days, different weather, but fabulous any way you looked at it.
Richard and I had a very relaxed five days staying with his mum and dad. Here's his mum Lois...she's a doll...
...if I'd painted this picture instead of using the camera I'd enter it in the Archibald Prize I love it that much...not that there is any way on earth I could paint like this except in my dreams :) And as for that fabulously decaying wall...also love.
And here's Richard's dad Peter...
Together...
(I couldn't resist taking a snap of their wedding photo displayed in the shop...how sweet's that?)...together, they run the Book Barn, a second hand bookshop in Mullumbimby...a town like no other :)
...and look, I have the t-shirt to prove it :)
Daggy beyond measure I know...but I just couldn't resist.
Oh, and just digressing for a moment... did I mention that I am looking very likely to be going here...
for a few days in March...knew you'd be jealous! More on that when I go back to work next week.
But back to the bookshop. Peter tells me The Book Barn (which has an impressive 12000 books) has made it on to a 'top ten second hand bookshops in Australia' list. Details of what list and when are sketchy however! What is not to be disputed though is that this was the set for the bookshop in the ABC TV series East of Everything...I love a bit of reflected glory don't you?? Especially when Richard Roxburgh is involved. Yes, yes, shallow I know :)
Do drop in if you're near there and say I sent you. It won't help of course...Peter on form can put Black Books to shame (without the drinking, smoking, bad language or dim witted assistants of course)...
I have missed reading your posts but I did have a lovely, mostly screen-free holiday. Apart from all the Australian Open watching of course. One more week until I head back to work, although I think I may have to work tomorrow. Oh well. I am looking forward to catching up with you all over the next few days though and getting back in to some sort of rhythm. Salsa perhaps?